This is one of my dear friends, Megan. She is such a wonderful person and I have been so delighted to get to know her over the last few years. She is due in the middle of January. The party was hosted at her sister's home. My friend Hannah and I were in charge of decorations and we had too much fun getting it all together.
Supplies needed: cardboard block letters, metallic silver spray paint, aerosol spray paint fixture, tarp
1. Set letters on tarp.
2. Secure aerosol spray paint fixture to the can (for even distribution)
3. Coat and let dry. (Repeat if necessary. We did two coats)
Megan and her hubby have decided to wait until their baby is born to find out if it is a boy or girl. So Hannah and I decided to play off of that in the photo booth. We cut out a felt question mark for Megan to velcro on her shirt. We all made our guesses using the mustaches and lips up against her tummy. The background of the photobooth was target wrapping paper! Thankfully it was Christmas season(ish), so we had our pick of sparkly shiny fun stuff. We made the heart and mustache sticks too: just cut out the heart and mustache shapes out of felt and then used a hot glue gun to secure them to tips of wooden skewers.
We made the banner out of card stock cut into triangles. We used black permanent marker to write the letters. We snipped 3 holes along the top of the triangle and strung ribbon through them.
Tissue Paper Balls:
Supplies needed: 8 tissue paper sheets per puffball, twist ties or string, ribbon/twine/fishing wire to hang them.
1. Fold 8 tissue paper sheets into an accordion shape.
2. Snip the ends to make them curved.
3. Take a twist tie and secure it around the accordion of tissue paper in the center. This is a good time to tie a ribbon around it too, or whatever you will use to hang the puffball.
4. Then just start fanning out the tissue paper sheets. Sheet by sheet, pull it away from the rest and toward the opposite side.
5. We used ribbon and a push pin to secure it to the ceiling.
If you follow me on Instagram, you've already seen this amazing cake, made by Megan's sister. She also got the adorable blue & white striped straws in the mason jar glasses to the right.